How do I request a street sign / crosswalk?
You may send a letter of request to the Municipal Services Department at P.O. Box 1579, Moses Lake, WA 98837 detailing what location and where you feel a new street sign is indicated. Each location is evaluated on an individual basis and requires a traffic study by staff to determine the needs of the neighborhood or intersection.

The installation of traffic signs or other control devices are determined by the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), which sets out conditions under which a particular location would need a traffic control device such as a sign. The Municipal Services Director will respond to you with the final determination on whether your location is a candidate for the sign, signal or marking requested.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request a street sign / crosswalk?
2. I have speeding motorists in my neighborhood. What do I do?