Special Event Application

Special Events 

If you are planning an event/activity that includes one of the following, it will likely require a special event permit.

  • Outdoor concert or entertainment, public or semi-private, dance, recreation, or sporting event.
  • Circuses, carnivals, fairs and festivals.
  • Farmer’s Markets and swap meets.
  • Walks, runs, athletic, bicycle and vehicle races and rides.
  • Organized/Sponsored vehicle and boat shows.
  • Sales event outside the normal sales area of a business, such as sidewalk and parking lot sales and other special promotions.
  • Auto dealer sales events involving promotional attractions such as barbecues, tents, canopies, special signage, and similar facilities.
  • Fireworks display.
  • Street fair, craft show on a residential or commercial right-of-way which is likely to obstruct, delay or interfere with normal flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
  • Outdoor amplified sound.

Please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department at 509-764-3813 with any questions.