Utility Services to New Buildings

If you are planning to construct a new building:

  • Acquire the necessary permits from the Community Development Department at Civic Center Annex, 321 S. Balsam.
  • Apply through the Engineering Department at Civic Center Annex, 321 S. Balsam for a utility service request.

In most cases, water and sewer lines already exist in the alley or street adjacent to vacant lots. If you are planning to develop property into lots, or in some rare cases with existing building lots, you will need to extend utility lines to your property.

Applying for the extension of utility services is part of the building permit process. Contact Community Development and Engineering. Both departments are located at Civic Center Annex, 321 S. Balsam. Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Name and address of property owner
  • Name and address of contractor performing work
  • Telephone number (home and/or work)
  • Physical address of lot, legal description of property or tax parcel number
  • Construction schedule
  • Plot plan showing proposed building and utility locations
  • Load information to size the utility service

Contact the Grant County PUD with questions regarding installation of electrical lines.