Information for Property Owners and Property Managers

Required Forms to Begin Services

Property Owner Utility Services Request (PDF)

Important Information For Property Owner or Property Managers

  • Utility service accounts cannot be started over the phone.
  • There are two (2) ways to start utility services with The City of Moses Lake. You can start utility services in person at the Utility Department located in the Moses Lake Civic Center at 401 S. Balsam St., Moses Lake, WA 98837. Photo ID is required for all utility services requests made in person. If you are out of the area or cannot come into our offices in person, you can obtain the Property Owner Utility Services Request (PDF) form on our city website. However, if you are doing so remotely the forms must be notarized. Please submit completed forms via email to Utility Billing or by fax to (509) 764-3738.
  • There is an $15.00 charge for opening an account. The fee will be added to your first bill.
  • Your utility service account will be billed monthly. The billing dates are based on location and cannot be changed. Payment is due thirty (30) days from the billing date.
  • Our accounts stay with the property; they do not follow the customer. This means that if there is any outstanding balance on the account at the time of your move in, your Utility Services may be impacted. Any unpaid balances can and will result in discontinuation of utility services.
  • All past due amounts for utility services constitute a lien on the real property which will secure the amounts due. Cancelation of utility services to the property will not release any lien for amounts due (Municipal Code (PDF) 13.12.060, 8.08.133 (PDF)).
  • It is your responsibility to notify the Utility Department of any phone number and mailing address changes.
  • Your monthly bill can be viewed online through Invoice Cloud. Invoice Cloud does offer auto pay for your utility services. If you set up your account for auto pay it is your responsibility to cancel your auto pay once you move or discontinue utility services. Auto pay does not follow you if you move from address to address. If your credit card used for auto pay expires, your credit card number changes or you get a new bank account; it is your responsibility to update your auto pay. We do not monitor your Invoice Cloud account.
  • Payment for your utility services can be made at our Utility Department located in The Moses Lake Civic Center, 401 S. Balsam St., Moses Lake, WA. A convenient drive-up drop box is located behind the City Hall building, 321 S Balsam Street, Moses Lake, WA. Payments can be mailed to P.O. Box 1579, Moses Lake, WA 98837. Payments can also be made over the phone using Visa, Master Card, Discover, or your checking account, (509)764-3715 or (509)764-3719.
  • It is your responsibility to notify The City of Moses Lake of your scheduled move out date as soon as possible. Your Final Bill may be impacted if you wait until you have already moved to inform us.

Related Links

Washington Landlord - Tenant Act
Landlord - Tenant Information