Click to Home
Go To Search
Concealed Pistol License

Concealed Pistol License Application

When do I need to have a Concealed Pistol License?
RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a concealed pistol license when: 
  • You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person or, 
  • You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle. 

Where do I apply for a Concealed Pistol License?
City Residents
If you live within the city limits of MOSES LAKE you can apply in person at the 
MOSES LAKE Police Department. 

Our address is: Moses Lake Police Department 
411 S Balsam Street 
Moses Lake, WA 98837 
  • Application hours are 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Thursdays only.
  • The application process takes about 30 minutes. 

Grant County Residents
If you live in the unincorporated area of the county, 
you must apply in person at the Sheriff’s Office. 

Non-Washington Residents
Non-Washington residents may apply 
at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State. 

Is there a Background Check? 
You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued. 

Are there Other Requirements? 

Yes. The following requirements must be met:

  • Resident of the City of MOSES LAKE or a Non-Washington resident
  • 21 years of age or older at time of application 
  • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with a permanent resident card (green card) 
  • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge 
  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court 
  • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm 
  • No mental health prohibitors 
  • No felony convictions 
  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993:
    • Assault IV 
    • Coercion 
    • Stalking 
    • Reckless Endangerment 
    • Criminal Trespass in the first degree 
    • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order 
    • Restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence 

How long does it take before I receive my license? 

  • If you are applying for your first concealed pistol license, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued. 
  • If you do not have a Washington driver’s license or identification card it can take up to 60 days. 

What Documents will I need to bring with me?

  • Picture identification (i.e. Washington driver’s license or identification card.)
  • Your address MUST be current on your Drivers License. 


  • A fee of $48 cash, check, or money order made payable to CITY OF MOSES LAKE. 
  • This fee is non-refundable. 

How long is my Concealed Pistol License Valid?
  • Your concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date your license is issued. You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired. 

How do I Renew my Concealed Pistol License?

  • If you live within the City of MOSES LAKE, you may renew your concealed pistol license in person at the Moses Lake Police Department, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. 
  • You may renew your license up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a fee of $32.00, or up to 90 days after the expiration date for a late renewal fee of $42.00. 
  • You must provide picture identification and your current concealed pistol license. 
  • After 90 days you will be required to apply for an original license with a fee of $48.  

What if I Lose my Concealed Pistol License? 

  • If you live in the City of MOSES LAKE and your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license. 
  • You will need to apply in person at the Moses Lake Police Department, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays, excluding holidays. 
  • The fee for a replacement license is $10.00 

Does Washington have Reciprocity for Concealed Pistol Licenses with any Other States? 

  • Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law.
  • The Washington State Attorney General's web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses. 

For More Information about Firearms Law: 

State Firearms Law 

Department of Licensing 
(360) 664-6616
Firearms Unit 
PO Box 9469 
Olympia, WA 98504-9649 

Federal Law Pertaining to Firearms
For more information or to obtain 
a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, contact: 
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) 
915 2nd Ave, Room 790 
Seattle, WA 98174 
(206) 389-6800