Click to Home
Go To Search
What do I do if my sewer backs up?
If you encounter a sewer backup, please call the City prior to calling a private drain cleaning service. The City will dispatch a crew to check the main sanitary sewer line at no cost to you. If the blockage is located in the main sewer line, the City will remedy the problem as quickly as possible. If the blockage occurs between the main sewer line and your house, you will be required to call a plumber to remove the blockage. The City suggests that you compare the prices, guarantees, availability, and work experience of at least three licensed plumbers. If you have a sewer backup, please call the Wastewater Division at (509)764-3966, Monday - Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm, or the Public Works office at (509)764-3951, Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Afterhours or on weekends and holidays, contact MACC Dispatch at (509)762-1160.

Wastewater Division

Show All Answers

1. Whom do I call with questions on my sewer bill?
2. What do I do if my sewer backs up?