City Clerk's Office
OPMA and PRA COVID-19 Public Notice Update July 6, 2021
All city offices were open to the public for regular business hours effective 7/1/2021. Face coverings are required for non-vaccinated employees and patrons. Facial coverings are encouraged, but not required, for fully vaccinated employees and patrons.
The mission of the City Clerk's Office is to serve as the City’s source for informational, historical, and legislative services for the community, public, and city staff in an efficient, effective, and friendly manner.
About the Office of the city clerk
The City Clerk and Deputy City Clerk are unbiased public servants who promote open government and transparency of information by providing a link between citizens and government. The City Clerk serves as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes. This is achieved by coordinating the legislative process and managing city records with integrity, accuracy, and transparency.
Duties of the City Clerk include:
- Public Records Officer and Records Manager for the City
- Facilitates Civic Center room rentals
- Serves as a point of contact for your City Council and City Manager
- Attend, record, and provide citizen support at City Council meetings
- Prepares and publishes Council Agendas
- Maintains historical records and meeting minutes
- Records, certifies and files resolutions and ordinances
- Codifies and maintains the Moses Lake Municipal Code
- Serves as liaison to Grant County Elections and Voter Registration
- Receives legal documents served on the City as a Municipal Corporation
- Facilitates Hearing Examiner Dangerous Dog Appeals (Form)
- Registered agent to receive Claims for Damages and maintain insurance asset lists
- Serves as a point of contact with Sister City Yonezawa Japan
- Responsible agent for the Official City Seal
- Performs other duties as may be required by the laws of the State or City Ordinances