If you are planning an event/activity that includes one of the following, it will likely require a special event permit.
- Outdoor concert or entertainment, public or semi-private, dance, recreation, or sporting event.
- Circuses, carnivals, fairs and festivals.
- Farmer’s Markets and swap meets.
- Walks, runs, athletic, bicycle and vehicle races and rides.
- Organized/Sponsored vehicle and boat shows.
- Sales event outside the normal sales area of a business, such as sidewalk and parking lot sales and other special promotions.
- Auto dealer sales events involving promotional attractions such as barbecues, tents, canopies, special signage, and similar facilities.
- Fireworks display.
- Street fair, craft show on a residential or commercial right-of-way which is likely to obstruct, delay or interfere with normal flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Outdoor amplified sound.
Please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department at 509-764-3813 with any questions.