Utility Connection

Requesting City utility service for your lot

The Development Engineering Division reviews all requests for connection to the City's water and sewer utility system.

To request connections, a developer or homeowner must meet with a Development Engineer to complete a Utility Service Request for the address you are requesting services. You may come in at any time during normal business hours. We are located at 321 S. Balsam Street.

You will be asked to provide the size and type of service(s) being requested, the type of installation (single family residential, duplex, multifamily, commercial, or irrigation), and the service address.

The Development Engineer will provide you with a quote for connection to City services. These amounts may include water sampling, system development charges, and/or reimbursements. These costs are valid for the date of application, and are subject to change. If you choose to connect, you may pay the connection charges at the Utility Counter in the new Civic Center complex, 401 S. Balsam, and City crews will install a meter at your address.